Winter and summer alike, this holiday paradise blanketed in mountains and lakes draws vacationers from all over in search of fresh air and wide open spaces. Located north of Montréal, the Laurentides region is renowned for its ski hills, incredible network of cross-country ski trails and top-notch golf courses.
Whether rafting the rivers or relaxing in a Nordic bath, enjoying a sugar shack meal or apple picking, staying at an inn or an outfitters, there’s something for everyone! And speaking of taste, the region has a well-deserved reputation for fine dining and regional specialties. To sample them, travel the Farmlands Route (Chemin du Terroir), a gourmet route that winds through the countryside.
- The Parc national du Mont-Tremblant and Poisson Blanc regional park offer a wide range of outdoor sports: hiking, canoeing, kayaking, camping, fishing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing...
- Nestled at the foot of the mountain, Tremblant is known as one of the top holiday destinations in eastern North America.
- The Saint-Sauveur valley is also a major destination, with its pretty villages teeming with bistros, bars and boutiques.
- During fall, the Laurentian forest dons dazzling colours, awakening the festive spirit of the entire region!
- Hop on your bike and follow the trail of Le P'tit Train du Nord linear park, which crosses 230 km (140 mi.) of hills and villages.
- The Parc national d'Oka draws campers and swimmers in the summer with its sprawling beach along Lac des Deux Montagnes and cross-country skiers and snowshoers in winter.
- Two theme parks will delight the kids: Santa’s Village in Val-David, which brings the magic of a summer Christmas to life, and Au Pays des Merveilles in Sainte-Adèle, the wonderland of Alice and many fairy tale friends.
- The region is also a major destination for snowmobiling, with no fewer than 2,800 km (1,750 mi.) of trails to explore in winter.
- History buffs can stroll through Old Saint-Eustache and visit the famous church destroyed during the Patriots’ rebellion and then rebuilt in 1870. With its incredible acoustics, it has been the site of OSM recording sessions for over 20 years.