Surprising city on a surprising island
Laval is brimming with recreational activities to suit every taste! Whether for the outdoors, trend setting restaurants or zany entertainment at Centropolis, this island has just as much to offer as its neighbour!
In addition to kilometres of trails for cycling, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, Laval has over 60 km (35 mi.) of snowmobile trails. You can even cross the island from east to west!
Rivalling Montréal, Laval offers some original entertainment:
- The Cosmodome, the only astronautics museum in Canada, presents three interactive, educational and fun space missions, making anyone seven years and older the hero of a space adventure.
- Part wildlife reserve and laced with Route bleue des voyageurs trails, the Parc de la Rivière-des-Mille-Îles invites city folk to a pleasant paddle in a canoe, kayak or rabaska. Come winter, the park is a delight for cross-country skiers and skaters.
- Maeva Surf, where you can surf an indoor wave and visit the only surf shop in Québec.
- SkyVenture, where a wind tunnel simulates freefall, for fun or parachute training.
- The Carrefour Laval, the largest shopping centre in Québec, is home to the province’s only Victoria's Secret and Crate & Barrel.
- The largest complex of its kind in Canada, Funtropolis offers a 4D cinema, 3D blacklight mini putt, trampolines, slides, ball pools and much more, all under on roof.
- For more tranquil outings, the Château Taillefer Lafon, the first vineyard in Québec authorized to use the designation “Château,” offers guided tours of its facilities, where it produces whites, reds, ice wines and ice ciders.
- Right nearby, the Paradis des Orchidées, promises soothing strolls among its 70 species and 700 different varieties of orchids, some 100,000 in total.
- Finally, science buffs will get a better handle on scientific issues of human, animal and environmental health at the Musée Armand-Frappier and the Centre d'interprétation de l'eau.