With its 19th-century stone barn, this farmhouse is one of the finest examples of traditional New France architecture. Acquired in 1668, the building initially hosted Les Filles du Roy ("King's Wards"), the orphaned young women sent from France to find husbands and populate the colony. The current structure, which dates back to 1698, was restored in 1966 and turned into a heritage museum. A colonial-era garden has been recreated and enhanced with aromatic and medicinal plants and flowers. The undergrowth, recently endowed with a "poetry trail," is open to visitors.Brochure (PDF)
Entertainment. Tours : in french. Tours : in english. Other activities
Banquet, meeting, conference room. Boutique / Sales counter. Gardens. Internet access : wireless
Free outdoor parking.
Restaurant and food services
Restaurant on premises
Entertainment. Group rates. Reservations required. Special activities. Special schedules. Tours : in french. Tours : in english