Urban escapades, countryside escapes...
On the Québec side of the Ottawa River, across from the Canadian capital, you’ll find the city of Gatineau. The county seat of a region largely blanketed in forest, Gatineau is peppered with parks and bike paths, without sacrificing culture. Indeed, the city offers up many attractions, exhibitions and opportunities for entertainment, among them the renowned Canadian Museum of History.
A mere stone’s throw from the city, Gatineau Park offers urbanites a superb leisure space in summer or winter, with canoe camping, swimming, hiking, skiing, snowshoeing and winter camping.
- Further down the Ottawa River, the Parc national de Plaisance hosts thousands of Canada geese during their spring and fall migration.
- At Omega Park in Montebello, watch deer, elk, bison, wild boar, moose, wolves and other animals from your car as they wander free.
- Set off for adventure by climbing the walls at the Chutes Coulonge park, navigating the canals at Éco-Odyssée or becoming a speleologist at Arbraska Lafèche .
- For comfort in the lap of luxury, stop by the Fairmont Le Château Montebello, a five-star hotel with rustic charm, or spend the night at the Casino du Lac-Leamy, renowned for its entertainment and fine dining.
- End your journey with a little relaxation Scandinavian-style at Nordik Spa-Nature, where a Finnish sauna, steam rooms, Swedish massage and much more await…